Firmware Update v0.5.5
Future updates will be more seamless as we improve the product and experience of using Fluora. We appreciate your patience as early adopters - things will only get better!
This firmware update will be rolled to all customers over the course of several days.
Your Fluora will automatically check for a firmware update every 24 hours (from when it was last powered on). If you would like to have it check immediately, you can either press "Reboot Device" in the Fluora settings in the mobile app, or simply power cycle the Fluora itself.
When the update is received, you will see a pop-up in the mobile app and can press "Update" to initiate the update.
The update will take several minutes. While it's updating you will see the LEDs pause animating, DO NOT unplug the Fluora until you see it restart and begin animating again. You may need to re-WiFi commission or name your Fluora after this update.
If you have any issues with connectivity after the firmware update has completed (controls not showing up in the mobile app), you can try power cycling to reset it.
NOTE: This firmware version is intended to be used with the Fluora mobile app version 0.34.3. You can see what versions you have of each in the app settings. The new app version should be available in the App Store (iOS) and Google Play Store (Android).
NOTE: Your Fluora can only receive firmware updates if it is connected to the internet. We have seen a small number of customers with problems connecting their Fluora to their home WiFi network.
NOTE: You can only use the new version of the firmware with the latest version of the app. You will be unable to control your Fluora with the old app version and the new firmware version.
NOTE: If the Update button does not work after a couple tries. You may have to power cycle the Fluora (unplug and replug into wall outlet) in order for it to go through. We are aware of this issue while updating firmware, and it will be fixed in this current firmware update.
Firmware - version 0.5.5
- Stabilized and improved the WiFi commissioning process
- Fix to some plants having an issue with WiFi SSID and passwords over 20 characters
- Stabilized and improved scenes. Scene scheduling now saves between power cycles.
- Stabilized the scheduler. The scheduler settings now save between power cycles.
- Plant name now saves between power cycles.
- 4x new animations (Rainbow Bloom, Rainbow, Sweep, & Pulse).
- Fixes to LeafFade and StemFade animations.
- All animations now have saturation control.
- Enhancements to the Welcome Animation.
- Misc other small cleanup and bug fixes.
Mobile App - version 0.34.2
- Better UI feedback around the state of connection between plant and mobile app
- Bug fix for editing scenes sometimes causing a crash
- Fix to Fluora cutting off WiFi Network Names and Passwords longer than 20 characters.
- Fix to scene customization.
If you are still having WiFi or connectivity problems after updating the firmware, please see our FAQ.
We've made a variety of improvements and bug fixes to both the mobile app and the firmware, however it is possible you may still encounter issues. Please be patient with us. We are already working diligently on the next release. Do not hesitate to reach out if you are still having trouble.
FYI: We are moving to email list based communication with all of our customers - be on the lookout for emails from Fluora Plant (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you stop getting updates (there should be one every 2-3 weeks for the rest of the year), reach out to us at the email above and we'll add you to the list.
Please reach out if you have any questions or problems: email@example.com.
Over the next several weeks, we plan to release the following new features, and continue to improve the product experience!
- Improve long term connectivity between mobile app and Fluora
- Music Reactive Content
- Auto populate WiFi credentials during WiFi commissioning
- Have full state of the plant persist after a power cycle
~ The Fluora Team ~